Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

NEW TO BLOGGING

I am going to try and enter the world of blogging. Several of my children and grand children have asked me to start a blog about my own life and musings as I sit and ponder. This blog will have no formal format. It will consist of things done by the family, things religious, things political, Things I wish I had done, things I have done and whatever else might come to mind. I do not claim to be an articulate speaker or writer, but the very fact that I am OLD at least gives me some experience and a lot if memories. If I should comment on something that jogs a memory of someone out there in Cyberspace please feel free to comment   WALLY

3 comments:

  1. From: donald prater (donaldprater01@yahoo.com) This sender is in your contact list.

    Sent: Thu 10/31/13 8:41 PM
    To: Wallace Baldwin (wallybaldw@hotmail.com)
    Would be great to hear what your life in Utah was like. Good luck with your blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don it would be hard to describe what it is like to be raised in a small town without writing a book. Also my generation was a lot different than it is today and even quite different than it probably was when you were younger. A few things that come to mind are-- My family did not own a car until I was 17 years old and we walked where ever we wanted to go. Another thing in Hiawatha that offset not having a car was that you could walk to anyplace in town in about 20 minutes to a half hour. The old saying that children should be raised by a village was true in Hiawatha. It was like having 5 or 6 mothers looking after you, or at you all the time. Anything you needed to buy you could get at the company store. I and my group of friends hiked the mountains and cliffs around Hiawatha every almost weekend just to have something to do. There were several ethnic groups of people and they tended to live together in different parts of town. I do not remember that being a problem of any kind. I could go on for a long time but perhaps someone else will get involved with the blog and add to it. (My hope is that a lot of people will get involved and not just people from Hiawatha. Thanks for responding. -- Wally

      Delete
  2. Yay! So glad you are going to document some stories we have heard over the years as well as those we haven't. I love you!

    ReplyDelete