Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

THOUGHTS IN SACRAMENT MEETING














Thoughts I had in Sacrament Meeting
      26 Oct 1997   W.R. Baldwin 


Why am I here on this beautiful earth?
Was I valiant when in the Heavens above?
Did I do the things I had been taught by Father?
Did I learn love for others from my Heavenly Mother?

When I arrived here as a babe, innocent and bright,
Would the family I came to teach me things that are right?
Would I grow as a child to be loved, and to love?
As I had done while in the heavens above?

Would the friends I would choose have standards like me?
Would I always be found where I knew I should be?
Could I influence my friends with my gospel of love
So we could return together to the heavens above?

When I grew up and I started to dance and to date
Would I do it with someone I would like as a mate?
Would I be married in the Temple of the Lord above?
So as a family we could return to our Kingdom above?

As parents would we teach of the gospel plan
That the Lord above has sent down to man?
Would our children listen and act as we taught,
Or would all of our teaching end up for naught?

The Temple would call us, would we answer, Oh yes?
I will be there with my family as onward we press
To the Celestial Kingdom, the home of the Lord,
Where we can return to him, if we live his word.

As if little children, OUR hearts must be turned
Toward the Heaven, and the things we have learned.
Please Heavenly Father let us the pearly gates gain
Let our teachings on earth not all be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment