Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

CARL ON WALMART

CARL ON 

WALMART














   Usually when I see Walmart on a blog or a comment on Face Book I get ready to see or read something weird, or very different. However last week I witnessed something different.
   I had gone to Arby's for one of my usual gourmet lunches and was sitting in Arby's parking lot eating and facing Walmart's parking that is just next door.
   I had just got settled in and here come a Mother, with two screaming young kids in a shopping cart. They were screaming, kicking and trying to hit the Mom. It was obvious the Mom was in distress.
   Then from "nowhere" here comes a lady who looks like she was a prime graduate of the "Boot Camp Body Building gym." My first thought was "Oh No, I hope this is not something bad that is going to happen,"
   Well the BC lady walked up and started talking to the Mom, and then patted the kids on the head (gently by the way) and things seemed to calm down. The BC lady walked off and the Mom waved to her, she waved back and I thought well that ended nicely. 
   Well it did, until the Mom tried to get the kids out of the shopping cart and into the car. As soon as she did the screaming and kicking started all over. I thought to myself, well here we go, she is never gong to get those kids in that car.
   Well Lo and Behold here came a young man (about 18 or 19 I would guess). He walked over to the Mom and said something and she answered. He smiled and set the big box he was carrying, on the ground.
   To make a long story short he reached into the shopping cart and lifted one of the youngsters out of the cart (all the while laughing and smiling at him) and handed him to the Mom. He waited until she had him buckled in and did the same with the other one. The young man and the Mom kept chatting and smiling all the time. I guess he connected with the kids.
   As the young man left the parking lot he "tooted" at her and she waved at him.
   And I thought to myself, "yes there are still a lot of good people out there in the world and probably a lot right there at Walmart.'
                                     THAT'S ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment