Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Happiness / vs/ Joy




        Happiness /vs/ Joy
   I Met an old acquaintance and after giving each other a big clap on the back, we were both grinning like “the Old Proverbial Cat.”
   After chatting a few minutes “Terrell”, made the comment”, Bill you were always the happy guy in our school years and I always wondered how you kept up that big joyous smile. In fact even in our old age, a few of us have commented about how happy you always were? I recall you used to call it your “Joy Smile”. And of course all of your friends called it your “trouble smile”
   We chatted a while and then parted ways as he went down the street with his “smile of joy and I went across the street with my happy face.
   I had only gone a short way when my inquisitive mind started working. The question that popped out was two-fold, “what is Joy, and what is happiness, and are they different for everyone or are they just different for certain people? Or perhaps they are not different at all”?
   Then I wondered are they built into everyone’s Psyshe ,
and does it change as we get older? Then the question arises---“When are you the happiest? Then Does Happiness and Joy both change as we get older and do they change together?
    Do you have friends or a job, or siblings that make you happy or sad just by having them, as friends?
   Are we HUMANS constantly or even occasionally, changing the written meaning of happiness and joy? If we are not do we at least change some?
   Then a Big question? Would you like someone like you for a friend? Would you like to associate with the person you are RIGHT NOW?
   As we travel down memory lanes do we end up on different paths of happiness or joy, for different reasons?
   One example would be I had a stroke several months ago. While I was in the care center I imagined several times that someone came in and borrowed some of my memory bank and they have not yet brought it back! Then a while later they came back and got part of my vision, so I OWE the people who stood by me a GREAT BIG THANK YOU.
   At this point I am not sure how much of my JOY & HAPPINESS I have regained, but I do know I have regained my sense of humor and I want to thank all of you who have put up with me and my so-called sense of humor.
THANK YOU 
Wally or Wallace or Touche
9 November 2019   

No comments:

Post a Comment