Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

TRIBUTE TO MOM

A few days after my Mom passed away in 1993 I was meditating and wrote this to help me remember how I felt at the time. And now it has been 21 years ago and Mothers Day is approaching so I thought I would post it.

                             TRIBUTE TO MOM
I once read a poem called “no tears for me.”
I thought at Mom’s funeral, how could that be?
I know life was good for both she and Dad,
But death must make everyone feel very sad.

Then I thought to myself, death is not the end.
It is a new beginning, perhaps never to end.
Death is not a foe, but an inevitable adventure,
If we do not to Satan, our souls indenture.

We should recall our Mom with a smile and a grin,
The tall proud lady, with gray hair, ----thin,
Who would give her all for her family on earth?
And worried for the “little ones” from their time of birth.

We all loved her and she loved us in return.
She has left this earth now, to Dad to return,
To a glorious reunion which is past the grave.
For those left behind, we must be brave.

This old world of ours in the land of the dying,
She leaves us mortals sad, lonely and crying.
The next step, where she is, is the land of the living,
Where many others will meet her, with their love giving.

Her rocker is quiet, her needles are still.
She lived her life with a very strong will.
She took care of others her whole life through.
Small acts of kindness, she did continually do.

As death comes, we complete our mission in life.
We remember the good times and not the strife.
Death opens up the doors of immortality,
I hope Mom and Dad will be there to greet me.

Our shell which we leave in the grave so cold
Is not really us, or so we have been told.
Our soul has arisen, too much greater heights
We will walk with our loved ones in Heavenly Lights.

Carnations and roses will come from friends this day.
Sometimes flowers show to others what we cannot say.
Mom was a jewel, she did even sometimes glow.
What we did not expect was for her to go.

It is as natural to die as it is to be born,
And those left behind will always mourn.
But we can all meet again, in our Heaven above,
If we live our lives right and are full of love.

Many await us in the glorious hereafter.
Mom has met Dad and they are both full of laughter.
The meeting was joyous and happy above
When Mom met our Dad and her family with love.

Dad was waiting for Mom, and they now wait for us
Whether we get there or not seems to be up to us.
The way has been opened and in Heaven they wait
It is up to us, to use the keys and open the gate.

By W.R. Baldwin

11 Feb 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment