Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

THE COWGIRL AND THE MINER

THE COWGIRL AND THE MINER











I wonder at times, how did we meet?
How did we accomplish such a wonderful feat?
He was a miner, who lived in the hills.
She was a cowgirl, to ride her horse gave her thrills.

He met her a couple of times when he was a teen.
But to be with a girl, he did not want to be seen.
Jerry was a friend and we had our bikes ready to go,
And we peddled from the coal camp to the valley below.

We wanted to tell the girls of the great deed we had done,
But whenever they saw us, away they would run.
Jerry said I will get their attention, just wait and see,
And he “hucked” green apples at them from up in the tree.

I did not see her again for a long time it seems.
I had joined the Air Force, to fulfill my dreams.
I went off to Germany to help keep world peace,
And she went to College her knowledge to increase.

I had decided coal mining was just not for me,
And she was looking for someone to marry eternally.
So I left the coal mines and she left the ranch,
And what happened after that, we both left to chance.

I left for the city to chase after my dreams,
And she left the ranch about the same time it seems.
The buildings we procured jobs in, were next door to each other.
I got a job selling chemicals in one state or another.

The cowgirl from the valley and the miner from the hills,
Decided to marry and acquire, happiness and bills.
The longer we were married, the more we found love,
And we also found out things about Heaven above.

We had four children to bless us, as we went on with life.
Then all at once--- fifty years we had been husband and wife.
As we got a little older our bodies did ache,
And I thought when I walked my knees surely would break.

Even though we had left the ranch and the hills,
We loved the earth’s mountains and it’s beautiful thrills.
Then the light of my life, my companion and wife,
Left me alone here on earth, to deal with my strife.

The secret to being alone, is to love everyone you know.
Be kind to everyone, and your love will still grow.
And back to your cowgirl surely you will go.
When will that happen?—well NO ONE does know.

It is my wife's B-Day in a few days. Actually on the 26th of August so I thought I would put some of my feelings in my blog. So all of you who knew her tell her Happy B-Day. I am sure she would love it.    Wally

14 August 2015

                                                 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment