Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Frustrated Blogger

























FRUSTRATED BLOGGER

  

    When I first started blogging back in 2008 I did not realize what a one-sided thing it would turn out to be. I thought that if I blogged about common everyday happenings and memories there would be at least several people interested enough in the subject matter that they would comment on the subject matter and perhaps add a comment about something similar that had happened in their lives.

   Nope, that has not happened! Now after seven years of blogging I am finally reconciling to myself that it probably never will happen.

   Of course I know I am not a gifted writer, in fact I probably cannot be described as a writer at all. I even put a disclaimer to that effect in  some of my first blogs. If course I did not have to do that because anyone reading my blogs could surely figure that out for theirself. 

   So maybe someone out there in "Blogger's Heaven" can help me out? Can you blog to often, or not often enough? Can you blog on to many different subjects?

   I know people read my blogs as I have a counter on them and although I am far from a high profile person, I do have people look at one or another of my blogs every day. If thirty or forty people a day look at my blogs, why do you suppose no one comments on them? Is it because it is to difficult for them to comment? Are they perhaps just scrolling up and down and are not really interested in the blog, but are just looking?

   Another interesting thing is that even though people read the blog they do not take the time to comment. However they will take the time to send me a comment by E-Mail It is a big conundrum to me!

   I am getting up there in years and I have had a lot of experiences in my life. If for no other reason than it has been a long time (so Far.) I have been using some of these experiences in my blogs. I am also blogging to save some of my memories for my family members. And of course my family loves them.

   I am at this point a very weary blogger, who likes to blog. I have no thoughts of quitting, but was just hoping to find out if this was a problem for just a few like me or is it a big problem, with a lot of bloggers?

   Perhaps someone out there in cyber-space might take pity on me and give me some words of wisdom?

W.R.BALDWIN  20 Sep 2015  


   





No comments:

Post a Comment