Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

OLD GLORY

   
                          OLD GLORY


Well if you thought this country was losing its patriotism, you should have attended one of the many parades held across this great land this morning. I went (for a while) to what might be called a “small parade” in Murray, Utah. I am sure there were thousands or even perhaps tens of thousands people standing, sitting or sitting along the parade route. They were waving the Flag of the good old United States and shouting to let people know they support this country, this holiday and especially our way of life and our Grand Old Flag.
   I wondered if all these people, and all those around the country kept this enthusiasm for a week, or a month, or a year or even for a couple of generations, what a difference it would make on the attitude in this great country. No matter what the TV, Internet, News Papers and magazines say WE the parade watchers and flag flyers are the MAJORITY in this country.
   So I thought I was too old to go to the parade, but I went and it pumped up my patriotism button. No I did not stay the whole time, but I did feel great when I got home. Thus-This comments post.
   Now the big question is am I, at 80 plus+++ years old up to going to a fireworks display tonight?

Wally    4 July 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment