Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

THE PEOPLE PEEPER

 The title of this blog may sound like something weird, but the only thing weird about it is the Author. I have been a watcher of weird things and people for a long time. And they seem to grow as I get older. Now that I am home alone I have become a full blown people watcher. I also have found a favorite new place for my hobby.

Murray City Park has always had an attraction for me and now that I am alone I spend a lot of prime time watching people and things there.

I usually never get to know a persons name and most of the time we might say only a few words to each other, or only give each other a People Watcher Wave.   

As I sat here today I thought of an exception. While on one of my visits, while sitting on my favorite bench, I was approached by a young boy who asked if I came to the Park very often? I answered that I did and that I had even seen him there a few times with his Mom. He corrected me, that it must have been his Sister because his Mom hardly went any place. He told me his name was Thad and I told him mine was Jim.

Then he asked me if I had seem a black and white dog, because he lost his yesterday. He said he took him off the leash to put him in the truck and he run away. I saw him running real fast on the other side if the creek, until I could not see him anymore.

I was sad all the way home because my sister would not help me look for him and we finally had to go home.

Thad told Jim that his Mom was named Angie and that she was over by the truck waiting while I looked for Pepper, who was my dog.

Jim and Thad waved to Angie as she had started to walk toward us. We all introduced ourselves and Angie said they needed to get on their way home.

Thad was not to happy about leaving, and made some comment about it not even being long enough yet for their prayers to work, and no one would miss them because no one ever came to their house anyway.

Then as they say, Out of the Blue Sky Jim told them maybe he could help because he knew a man who worked at the city with the stray animals, and he would call and see if he had been picked up.

After a couple of phone calls from Jim of course they found Pepper, and after a few more calls they had Pepper in the car and were ready to head for home.

As Angie was getting in the car Thad hollered at Jim,"could you come and visit with us and Pepper some time ?"  

Well do you think those two or three Murray Park People Peeper's keep in contact?" They probably did --but that may be for another Blog?


W.R.Baldwin 
4 August 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment