Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

MY LITTLE BLACK BOOK

    I was just thinking today if there were many people that keep a little black book like I have for several years? I called it Kid-Speak. When ever one on my grand kids said something funny or maybe not so funny I would write it down.
    If any of you have done this it would be interesting to hear if kids act about the same all around this old country.

  One of my grandsons came home from school one day and wanted to tell me about this chair in his class. He said,"Grandpa they call it the 'Power Chair.'" He went on to tell me that when you did something bad you had to go sit in the Power Chair. I told him that I bet he never had to sit in it and he said, "Oh yes I do. I sit in it a lot". It was all I could do to keep from laughing.
  When one of our Granddaughters was visiting, she was just sitting on my lap staring at me. After a minute or so she said, "Grandpa how come you have hairs growing out of your ears?"
   Trying to correct our Grandchildren and not thinking we were getting very far became insignificant one day when one of my Granddaughters climbed up on my lap and said "Grandpa I want to whisper to you." I put my head down so she could whisper in my ear and she said, "Grandpa I love you."
   We were putting a sprinkler system in our lawn one summer and while I was at work the "Blue Stakes" man came and marked all the sewer, water and telephone lines before we dug the trenches. They marked them by spraying the lawn with blue, red & yellow spray paint. When I came home from work, one of my grandson's came running out of the house yelling, Grandpa someone spray painted your lawn. I looked at the lawn and said "I will be darned they sure did." Then he started yelling, "IT WAS NOT ME, IT WAS NOT ME, I WAS NOT EVEN HERE WHEN IT HAPPENED!"
   One of my Grandkids and his Mom went to Parent Teacher conference. After talking a few minutes the teacher said ____-? is really quite smart and catches on quickly. He looked up at the teacher and said,"ya I am the smartest kid in the class. I thought you already knew that I already told you that once before."
   We were having our annual Christmas Dinner at our house and before we had set down for dinner I asked what the grandkids liked best about Christmas? One of the boys gave a classic answer."I like the Christmas Feast at Grandma's, then Santa comes and gives us just a little something to hold us over until Christmas morning."
   Some of the kids were over visiting and one was quite skinny, and always was. I picked him up and as I did I said, "J----- you are nothing but skin and bones." He did not even stop to think and answered back---Yes and Grandpa you are nothing but Fat & Bones." Needless to say everyone broke out laughing.   

Well it is fun to reminisce and Grandparents and Grandchildren seem to have a certain special bond. As I said at the beginning, if any of you Cyber Grandparents out there have grandchildren episodes how about sharing them as a comment.
WALLY

No comments:

Post a Comment