Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pills for the Day

   I got up this morning and poured my daily ration of pills from the pill box into my hand. I looked and them and thought, "WHAT AM I DOING?"
   There looking back at me were:
Blue Capsules, White & Tan Capsules, Tan capsules with black stripes around them,
Green Pills, Yellow pills, Blue Pills, Orange Pills-
And White pills of all shapes and sizes, round ones, square ones, long ones and short ones,
oval ones and round ones.
   Then I thought, "I have been taking these for years and have never questioned how they know where to go in my old body, and when, and where they need to get to their destination? Of course the answer must be that the spoonful of Metamucil that I take last must act like a traffic cop and direct it all.
   Do the big pills have the right of way over the small ones? Do the fancy colored ones get preference over the plain ones? If there were to be a Red-White & Blue capsule (No I do not take one of those.) would it have preference over ALL the others?
   Some say they work for 12 hours without stopping and some say they take one-half hour before they even start to work. Who decides that--the traffic cop, or do they have a Union advisor?
   If I miss taking one, do all the others wait until the missed one catches up?
   If anyone has ALL the answers, please enlighten me. In the meantime I will just keep taking them.
   TO ME THIS IS A LARGE CONUNDRUM????????
WALLY

No comments:

Post a Comment