Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

UNINVITED VISITOR

                                      UNINVITED VISITOR

   I have been a little reluctant to put this in my blog because it is a little strange. However, hesitant or not I thought if I did maybe someone else in my neighborhood might have had the same experience and between us we might figure out what is really going on?
   I have always been the kind of person whose motto might have been, “A place for everything and everything in place.” However a few months ago things started things started to change and the only thing I have been able to attribute it to is that    someone is coming into my home at night and doing things to harass me.
   I have never found anything missing. (Even if I cannot find it immediately, it seems to eventually always show up.)
   The first time I noticed it was several months ago. I woke and did my morning things and then went into the kitchen and I noticed my garage door was up. I NEVER leave it up. In fact my kids refer to my place as “Fort Knox” because it is always locked up. Since I knew I ALWAYS shut it I thought one of my kids had been here after I went to bed and when they left, they did not close the garage door. But if that was the case why did they not wake me up? Or perhaps it was an uninvited guest, who had come and left. If it was he must have left the door up all night.
   Well I just forgot about that incident until one morning I went to get my “under clothes” to get dressed and there were only two pair in my drawer. I knew I had just washed and folded a LOT MORE than that just the day before. However since I could not find them I just assumed I did not wash that batch and they were still downstairs. I thought I would go down later and do it, so I did not think about it anymore.
   The next day I went to get a clean towel and “low & behold” all of my under clothes were in a neat pile – in the towel closet. I was sure THAT GUY had come and moved them. I tried to figure out why anyone would do that but I just went about my business and forgot about it.
   The next time something happened it really shook me up. I got up--- got dressed and went to get my wallet off the dresser to put in my pants pocket. It was GONE. I thought OH NO--- How could that be. I looked every place I could think of and could not find it. I decided to go to the bank and cancel my credit cards. When I got in the car there was my wallet, starring at me from the little shelf on the consol, between the seats. HE had been there again. But why did he never take anything?
   A few weeks ago I was going to breakfast with some friends. I got dressed and went to get my shoes. I have always kept them beside the bed at night. They were not there. I thought well a few times I have put them in the closet so I must have done that last night. I opened the closet, fully expecting to see them there—they were not. Rather than be late for breakfast I put on another pair. When I got back from breakfast I went to sit in my lounger to read my newspaper. Guess what? There they were sitting neatly as could be at the side of my lounger. I almost yelled, “No HE has been here again!
   That same afternoon I decided to make me a peanut butter and jam sandwich for a snack. I had a big breakfast so I thought I did not need a big lunch. I went to the cupboard to get the peanut butter and there was none. I THOUGHT TO MYSELF—“No not again, not twice in the same day.” And the other times had always been at night, so was he getting bolder? Since I could not find the peanut butter I decided to make a ham and cheese. I went to the “fridge” and get it and guess what? As I opened the door there was the Peanut butter starring at me. Who puts peanut butter in the “fridge?” Well for sure not me. For 60 years I have always put it in the cupboard. So I am sure HE had been there again.
   I talked to one of my daughters and to my sister about this and they just laughed and gave me “THAT LOOK”. I thought they did not think it was very serious and in fact my sister said, “Ya I think he has been here a couple of times also.” Perhaps I should forget about filing the police report that I was going to draw up?
   Well it has not happened lately but in thinking back over the last year I think HE may have been involved in some of these strange happenings--- I intend to keep watching for HIM.
1.     I have a favorite pair of everyday pants. I ALWAYS hang them in the front of my closet. I went to get them a while back and they had been moved into a different closet where I hang my suits.
2.     I got up one morning and went to take my allotment of pills. My toothbrush was lying on the pill box. I never put it on the medicine cabinet. I always hang it on the toothpaste rack. Was HE there?
3.     My last one I will mention could have many answers, but I will mention it because it was probably HIM. I have a shelf of memorabilia of my wife, in my computer room. It has a lot of things on it that are reminders of her. Anyone who knew Donnie will remember her desire for chocolate. So one of the things on the shelf (front & center) is a candy bowl that is always full of candy. One night I stayed up late doing genealogy. I actually stayed up until about 2:00 AM. I finally quit and went to bed because I was very, very tired. Imagine my surprise when I woke up the next day and the candy jar was completely empty? This was before HE had started visiting but now I wonder it perhaps it was HIM.
   Now of course another answer to all of this could be that I am getting a little forgetful but I refuse to accept that “fairy tale.”
   Also some of them could be embellished but I really wonder????

W.R. Baldwin

9 October 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment