Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

ELECTION DAY

                                                                             
                                    ELECTION DAY
4 November 2014
Well today is (or should be) the big day I have been waiting for. Election Day 2014 is here and the thoughts are running around in my head driving me crazy. I don’t know if it is because of the situations in the county or if I am just more aware or perhaps I just have more time to think about it now that I am older.

I got up early and went and voted at 8:00 AM so I could relax from my “stewing” the rest of the day.

In any case I really am happy that I live in the county where I have a right to exercise my right to vote as I want and then hope I choose the right person and ideas and actually accomplish some good with my vote. I then hope my vote gets counted and that someone who has been PAID or REWARDED to vote does not cancel my vote.

With all the rampant and contradicting things that are being said on TV, the Internet and Newspapers it is hard to sort out the truth from the blatant lies that are floating around. I suppose my answer to all this was to read all I could and listen to those running for office and then pick the ones who SEEM to think the closest to what I do and then go VOTE for them. But then---were they saying what they really feel or were they just pandering to people to get voted into office?

We as a nation are on a slippery slope just as the people in the Book of Mormon and the Bible days and if we do not repent; we will probably meet the same fate they did.

Well I better hurry and post this before I change my mind. I do not do well with politics and I decided when I first started my Blog that politics and religion would both be a small part of it.

               Wally

No comments:

Post a Comment