Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

WHO AM I

      ? ? ?
                                            WHO AM I
As I contemplated myself and my family today
I thought to myself: Who am I?
Did I come here on earth with a mission in mind
Or just to live and to die?

Was I sent here as a babe for my mother to love
To hold and cuddle when I cry?
Or was I sent to accomplish some wonderful thing?
Someone please tell me; Who am I?

As I grew as a lad, met friends and had fun
Amid the mountains and blue, blue sky,
Did I imagine myself doing some good
Or did I wonder to myself; Who am I?

I sit at my desk amid albums, journals and books
Of my wife, my family and I.
And I thought to myself, heaven forbid,
Does this really record; Who am I?

I grow older it seems and years 40 and 50 go by
But I don’t think of myself as being old.
Year 60 did come and year 70 went by
And I looked in the mirror; Who am I?

We go to reunions, we reminisce and we dream
Of the good old days gone by
And I think to myself as I sit here and write
Does ANYONE really know; Who am I?

What was my role in this life here on earth,
Did my spirit direct me aright?
Did I trod the right path; did I do what is right?
Please help me know; Who am I?

With direction from father, mother and wife,
Did they all help me get through this old life?
Have I done any good? With anguish I cry,
I need an answer from someone; Who am I?

My challenges in life from a babe till old age
Brought a little strife, but also much joy
To the old man I am, from the time I was a boy.
Now I’m beginning to see; Who am I?

As a spirit of God I started, before this life.
Then a boy, a husband and father did rise
And I looked in the mirror with wide open eyes.
And I said Father now I know; Who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment