Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

LIFE WITH BAILEY

                                                      LIFE WITH BAILEY



She was such a tiny little thing and was only with us for two days but my how she affected our family. She is my youngest Grand Daughter, born on the 2nd of October 2008. She left us to go back to her eternal home after only a two day sojourn here on earth. Her name was Bailey Grace Blake the third child of Chris & Jenn Blake. I am sure none of our extended family will ever forget her.

Her Birthday was just a few days ago and I was looking and some pictures and reading her Blog (written by her Mother), and I decided to jot down a few memories that came to my mind.

Jenn and Chris found out in July 2008 that Bailey had a medical problem but they did not know exactly what it was? In September they were told that her problem was much more serious than they originally thought.

As her Birthday approached, Family and friends reached out with help in ways they could not imagine. But the greatest help at this time may have been spiritual help from many, many people. Everyone in the family and in her neighborhood wanted to be with Bailey when she was born.

She was born at 8:30 AM on October 2nd 2008. Jenn will always remember that when Bailey was born she actually gave a little cry, which Jenn heard. I was not in the room but I am sure Jenn and Chris shed a few tears also. Before she was born no one knew if she would/ or could cry.

The hospital personal were absolutely incredible. They answered ALL questions, some were easy to answer and some very hard but after talking to them for some time it became obvious that Bailey would only be with us for a few days. Jenn had a great friend who almost insisted that she should have some pictures taken and even though she and Chris were a little reluctant, they were very, very happy that they did.

During the two days that Bailey was with us, all of the family members wanted to hold her and hug her and they all did. Parker was only eight years old , but he knew what was going on and he wanted to hold his little Sister like all the rest of the family. It was extremely hard to tell Parker his little Sister was only going to be with us a few days. Chris and Jenn talked to him and I am sure I could not have done it. My emotions were out of control, and I did not spend much time in the room with Bailey. I kept going in for a few minutes and then leaving again.

As I said at the beginning, she was a tiny little girl. She was only with us for two days, but what an impression she made on our family.
:Every one wanted to hold her and have a picture taken with her.
:Jenn and Chris were having financial problems because of all the medical bills and she wanted a headstone, "Oh so badly", and one of her Sisters heard her sobbing about it. So she made arrangements and took Jenn to pick one out and then paid for it.
:Chris and Jenn connected with other people who had gone through the same medical problem , with a child, and even though strangers, they comforted each other.
:I think that day each of our family members felt closer to each other. At least I did and I felt the others did also. This all happened because of a Little tiny girl who was born here with a very serious medical problem.

As I said at the beginning her Birthday was October 2nd 2008, so as I was looking at pictures and thinking about her that day she turned seven years old.

As I was reminiscing I also realized how fortunate we are as a family to know that she is living, waiting for us in a far better place and we can all be with her if we just make good choices while we are here on Earth.

I picture her now with her Grandma Donnie, Uncle Steve. She is probably cheering people up just as she did on her two day journey here with us.

The pain of losing her has eventually subsided, but her memory will always be with us.





Here are two poems that people gave Jenn at Bailey's Funeral.

A sweet little child
at a party one day,
when toys were being given away,
discovered a broken one,
and with a smile, said:
"I'll take it.
You see, I know my Daddy
can fix anything,
and soon it will be
good as new."

And once, perhaps, in heaven one day
when bodies were being given away,
a sweet little child
discovered a broken one,
and with a smile, said"
"I'll take it.
You see, I know my Father
can fix anything,
and someday it will be
good as new."

Now we, in all our deepest grief -
in searching for that sweet relief -
are clinging to that hopeful knowledge, too.
(by: Serena DeGiulio)


HER JOURNEY'S JUST BEGUN
by E. Brenneman

Don't think of her as gone away -
her journey's just begun,
life holds so many facets -
this earth is only one.

Just think of her as resting
from the sorrows and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.

Think how she must be wishing
that we could know today
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of her as living
in the hearts of those she touched ...
for nothing loved is ever lost -
and she was loved so much.
                   
W.R. Baldwin
2015                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment