Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

OLDEST to YOUNGEST


Oldest to

      Youngest




As I looked at this picture as I often do,
I saw members of our Baldwin Clan, at least one or two.
The oldest, born at his home, in a very small town,
The youngest in a city hospital and she wore a crown.

82 years is a large difference in age.
She was an innocent Babe and I an old “sage.”
I hope we stay together for quite a while,
I talking “goo-goo” talk and she with her smile.

We have children, grand children and great grand children now,
Which we did not even think about at our wedding vow.
We moved to the city and gave up our blue sky,
Where we began OUR Clan of Baldwin’s, just she and I.










Between the oldest and youngest there were adventures you see.
Sometimes with Children or Grand Children and sometimes just me.
Sometimes as I got older, my legs would not work, and my breath was a gasp.
But I kept telling myself, “This too will pass.”

Now I am older, I just sit in my rocker and rock, laugh and grin,
I never thought of a bunch like this when our Clan did begin.
I love them all, but differently I would say.
But I will love them all to my dying day.

So I am the oldest and still hobbling along.
And Baylee is the youngest, but really not for long?
Whether Out-laws or In-laws, it does not matter to me.
I only hope we are together in Eternity.

W.R. Baldwin
26 July 2014
       

No comments:

Post a Comment