Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

TELEPHONE ANSWERING MESSAGES












                        TELEPHONE ANSWERING MESSAGES
   I don't know if there are many people out there in cyberspace that are old enough to remember dialing a number on a telephone and having a "live person" pick up the line and saying "number please." Then the operator would connect you to the person you wanted to talk to---and yes--she may or may-not have listened to your conversation.
   Well that was a joy compared to what we put up with in these "modern times." It seems it is a lot more cost efficient and easier to put in an answering "robot" to sort out your calls than it is to have a "real person." I am sure that is the case but it is not near as customer friendly.
   I have had several sessions the past few weeks literally listening to and sometimes talking to a robot. I also did not find it to be a pleasant experience. I am sure most everyone has had a few of these fun times!
                                        A FEW GOOD EXAMPLES
1."I'm sorry all of our representatives are busy with other customers. Please stay on the line and we will answer your call as soon as possible."
2. We are sorry for the wait. Your call may be monitored for better service and customer satisfaction,
3. All of our lines are busy, please hold and your call will be answered as soon as possible.
4. We are sorry for the wait. Please stay on the line and we will get back to you in a moment.
5.We are extremely busy at the present time, please leave your name & number and we will get right back to you.
6. We are experiencing a large amount of calls at the present time. Please stay on the line and your call will be answered in the order it was received.
7. Then this one in very interesting. "Please hold we will be right with you"---then they repeat the message every minute with a different voice, changing back and forth from a man to a woman. I guess they figure that I will think there are 6 or 8 people just "chomping at the bit" to help me.
8. Our lines are all busy at the present time, however your business is very important to us, so please hold the line and we will be with you in a moment.
9. We are experiencing a large amount of calls. Please stay on the line and your call will be answered in approximately 12 minutes and 24 seconds.
10. Thank you for calling we really want to help you. Our hours are 8-5, Mon-Fri. Please leave your name and number and we will return your call by 10:00 AM week days or Noon on Mondays. Have a Good Day.

Some Questions-- Why is it that I don't find out that I have to make these important calls until 5:03 on Friday afternoon.
                             Why is it that I know a moment or a few minutes is not really going to be a SHORT TIME.                
                             Why do I know that when they say they will call right back, THAT THEY WILL NOT
Well that is my Monday morning RANT now I can get back to my routine life.
Wally




No comments:

Post a Comment