Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

BLOGS

BLOGS

I wonder if this is what my Blogs will look like when I am gone and my kids find them?







                        BLOG
I was told today, “blogs" are things of the past.”
Of course the person knew, “the fad would not last!”
I did not know what to do when I started my blog
But my mind kept on turning like the wheels of a cog.

He said people he knows gave up after a while.
When I asked him why, He gave me That Smile,
People are not interested. After while they become boring.
It got so when he did his, he would end up snoring.

After we finished our talk I walked away with a smile.
With 83 years of experience, I could write for a while.
Then a thought came to me, “He must not write for himself.”
I put my thoughts on paper, perhaps to sit on a shelf.

Later I thought I don’t just blog for me”
It is perfectly fine for others to see.
My family enjoys the thoughts from my past
So I will keep on blogging as long as I last?

I guess a blog can be anything you want it to be.
I thought in the beginning, mine would be genealogy.
However as memories in my mind started to wander,
On many other things, thoughts I started to render.

So my blog is for my family and others to see.
If a Psychologist should look in, he might wonder about me?
I blog about the old days and that’s what I do best
And I am often surprised how often I rest.

So if blogs are “not cool” or as my friend says “passé,”
And I don’t have to worry about doing one every day,
I’ll just keep on blogging and just reminisce,
Before many of my memories, just go amiss.

W.R. Baldwin

17 July 2015








No comments:

Post a Comment