Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Ice Cream Truck

           THE ICE CREAM TRUCK














I stopped at a stop sign and looked in the mirror
And what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a little Van/Truck with music and signs.
And of course Ice Cream came to my mind.

I don’t know the name of the song that was playing,
But I do know that it seems to be saying,
“It is hot outside, and here is your dream.”
“I am here to serve you a little Ice Cream.”

Ice Cream trucks did not exist, where I grew up,
Where kids run the streets and played with a pup.
After I married, and moved to the city,
There were Ice Cream trucks Playing their little ditty.

I let this one go past me and I followed behind.
He drove to a park and there kids he did find.
The kids they came running, with money in hand,
Jumping and shouting, for the best treat in the land.

The kids were just leaving and the driver was done.
I walked to the truck and said,” I will have one.”
What the heck, I have nothing to fear.
So what if it does put pounds on my rear?

No comments:

Post a Comment