Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

BALDWIN GENEALOGY

BALDWIN-----GENEALOGY
   I have been an amateur genealogist now for 50 or 60 years. Some periods of time I was very dedicated and some just a short spurt now and then.
   I suppose for the last 15 or 20 years it could be said that I am an addicted genealogist. (How long do you stay at it before you are not considered an amateur Ha Ha?)
   It is somewhat strange how and when this all started and I did not think much about it at the time.
   In our Church as we get older or start to mature we usually get a Blessing at the hands of a Patriarch. When I received my Blessing in 1957 one paragraph just slipped by me and I almost paid no attention to it. It was, "There is a work for thee to do in gathering the genealogy of thy family. It is necessary for this work to be done, and much of this responsibility will rest upon your shoulders."
   As I said before I did not think much about it at the time. In fact I probably could not spell genealogy.
   After 50 or 60 years working at it I have linked well over 118,000 "Baldwin and Related" family names.
   If any of you, out there in cyberspace have a Baldwin Surname somewhere in your Family Tree please feel free to join this blog, or e-mail me as I would love to see if our lines link up.  WALLY

No comments:

Post a Comment