Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

MY GUARDIAN ANGEL



   As I was sitting here thinking how fortunate Donnie and I were to have such special friends. Especially the ones she called "Her Guardian Angels." When she got so she could not leave the house very easy because she was in her "JAZZY" two groups of friends stepped in and came to our home to spend time with her. One was a book club and one was a craft club. They came every week and when she was in a Care Center they went there and spent a lot of time with her. As I said she called them her Guardian Angels-- and of course I had to give them a name also and the name I chose was "The Old ladies". If course they all knew that was not a derogatory name but just one of my eccentricities.
   I can never thank them enough for the care and service they provided us. I think now they may have taken me for a service project and as I was thinking of them this little "ditty" that I wrote way back in 1997 came to mind.
Thanks to you Guardian Angels that actually live here among us and go about doing GOOD.

4 July 1997                                                
W.R. Baldwin

MY GUARDIAN ANGEL


Is there someone up there watching me?

Is there a Guardian Angel assigned to me?

Could there be someone special, who watched me grow?

Perhaps helped me decide which way I should go.


Does that special Angel watch me for life?

Through times of happiness and times of strife.

Or do they change places as the years go by?

Could my Angel be my Mom or Dad when they die?


I hope it is someone, who is patient and kind,

Who can put up with my faults, no matter what kind?

Who will guide me and help me as I go along,

Like the Angels we find in many a song.


Do we each have our own Angel up there?

Or do several of us have only one to share?

Perhaps some of us might need three or four

To keep us on the path, to life evermore.


Do they watch us play and do things we shouldn’t

Are they there to help us do things we couldn’t?

I suppose if we believe this, and I truly do,

We might be more careful of most things we do.


When in the beauty of the mountains, do you a presence feel

Just as you do as you pray by your bed and, kneel?

A Guardian Angel, I know I have one!

I hope they overlook some things I have done.


Again as I wonder, who this person might be.

Have they lived on the Earth like my family and me?

Do they know of our happiness, our troubles and fears?

I am sure that they do. They are probably our peers.



Is it Mom or my Dad or perhaps a good friend?

Who has passed through the Vail after this life did end?

Whoever it is, really does not matter too much

If they are there to help me, is that asking too much?


Is my life an open book they keep for me to see?

Will I “Endure to the end”, and then eternity?

I hope that my Angel is really “down to Earth,”

“Or does that sound like an attempt at some mirth?”


Whoever they are, and where ever they be,

I hope I have one to watch over me.

To watch after me from somewhere afar,

And to give a good report at the judgment bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment