Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

What is a Blog?

   Several people who have read my new blog have contacted me to ask me what a Blog was?  I guess after mulling it over for about 30 seconds my answer would be, "how the heck would I know?" Just a few years ago there was no such word as Blog. And I was already OLD back then.
   So my simplified answer would be based on my own limited experience. In my case a Blog has been a growing project and a period of learning for some time now. However my new blog "Wally's Musings" has been activated for a week now and has had about 700 people look at it.
   Some people use a blog as a diary or journal but that is not my intent. One reason is that I put a lot of personal things in my journal that I would never think of putting on a public blog.
   Your blog is YOUR BLOG and you can put in it what you want. There are very fancy one and ones made on a simple template (like mine). I guess first you just have to decide what you want it to be, then do it.
   There have been a few of you who I imagine are in my age bracket (somewhere between 60 & 100) ha ha, that have e-mailed me saying they would like to comment on my blog but cannot seem to get the comment section to work. I tried a couple and they seemed to work if I followed the instructions. I am a long way away from being a computer geek so my advise is to try it and if it does not work, or you have a problem the solution could be---- make a batch of cookies, invite one of your grandkids over and have him show you how?
   Good Luck & I hope to see some comments from some of you.

1 comment:

  1. Tammi Baldwin Hagen I sure did love my GrandpaBaldwin! I remember walking up to meet him after his day at the mine. He was covered in coal dust and I recognizedhim by the whites if his eyes. He let me carry his lunch box home

    ReplyDelete