Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Hiawatha Breakfast guys


(Thumbnail by Archie McCarrie)
The Hiawatha Breakfast Group is a group of men who were raised in Hiawatha, Utah and meet for breakfast the first and third Mondays of each month to reminisce and share stories of what it was like growing up in a small town like Hiawatha. Most of the individuals now live in the Salt Lake Valley. My purpose is to capture some of these memories for whoever might enjoy them.
Comments from one meeting 4 Nov 2002
HALLOWEEN
Halloween was a fun time for the Hiawathaians. I remember the dummy being hung on the underpass going to East Hiawatha. Fun times   John Barnett
A group of kids were up East Hiawatha tipping over out-houses. My brother Clyde slipped in the hole and got ("STUFF- you know what ) all over his foot. He was afraid to go home. He tried to clean it up as well as he could, but he still smelled when he got home
Don Reaveley
Ray Kramer had me deputized to make sure the kids didn't do damage to things. I caught Jerry Orton and had him arrested. His dad got really upset with me. Darrell Bearnson
DEER HUNTING
I once went hunting with Tom and Whitey. Whitey shot 82 times and had to go back to town for more ammo. Whitey did not get his deer that year John Barnett

I shot my first deer from the hip while hunting up North Fork. I didn't have time to aim. I shot it with the rifle on my hip. It was a four point buck. No one would believe me when I tried to explain how I shot it from the hip without taking aim  Darrell Bearnson   

THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE OF THE TALL STORIES THAT HAVE BEEN GOING ON NOW FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS------- Yes we do have fun!!!! and yes we do tell tall  stories.












No comments:

Post a Comment